If you’re an aspiring marksman in Old School RuneScape (OSRS), achieving 99 Ranged is a notable achievement that unlocks a world of opportunities for combat and PvM activities. Ranged is a versatile skill that can be trained in various ways, and this guide will take you through the journey from the early levels to the coveted 99 Ranged.
Introduction to Ranged
Ranged is one of the game’s combat skills that involves using ranged weapons like bows, crossbows, and throwing weapons to attack foes from a distance. This skill is essential for various PvM encounters, player versus player (PvP) scenarios, and can even be profitable when trained effectively.
Before embarking on your journey to 99 Ranged, you’ll need some basic equipment and items to start training efficiently:
- Ranged Weapon: Begin with the best ranged weapon you can afford. At lower levels, shortbows or crossbows are suitable, but as you progress, upgrade to higher-tier options like the blowpipe, toxic blowpipe, or twisted bow.
- Ammunition: Depending on your chosen weapon, you’ll need ammunition. Common options include bronze to rune arrows or bolts, darts, or scales for the blowpipe.
- Armor: Ranged armor provides bonuses to your accuracy and damage. Start with leather armor and work your way up to Karil’s or Armadyl equipment as you level up.
- Supplies: Bring ample food and potions for healing and boosting your stats. Prayer potions and Saradomin brews are essential for extending your training sessions.
Ranged can be trained in various ways, each with its pros and cons. Here are some popular methods to level up your Ranged skill:
Training Ranged while completing Slayer tasks is a common method. It allows you to gain experience in both Ranged and Slayer simultaneously. Use broad bolts or broad arrows for cost-effective training.
Chinning involves using red or black chinchompas in the Monkey Madness II caves. This method offers excellent experience rates but can be costly. It’s usually reserved for players with significant financial resources.
3. Nightmare Zone (NMZ)
The NMZ offers an AFK-friendly method for training Ranged. Use absorption potions and overloads while taking on bosses to maximize your XP gains. This method is cost-effective and suitable for those looking for a more relaxed training experience.
4. Pest Control
Participating in Pest Control minigame not only earns you commendation points but also provides decent Ranged experience. It’s a team-based activity and a great way to meet other players while training.
5. Slayer Helmets and Slayer Tasks
Certain Slayer tasks, like Kurasks and TzHaar, provide increased Ranged experience when using the appropriate Slayer helmet (i.e., Slayer helmet (i) or Black mask (i)). Always prioritize these tasks if you want to maximize your Ranged training efficiency.
Tips for Efficiency
To achieve 99 Ranged as quickly as possible, consider these tips:
- Use Ranged Potions: They boost your Ranged level temporarily, allowing you to hit harder and more accurately.
- Cannon: If you’re training Ranged while Slayer, consider using a Dwarf Multicannon to increase your kill rates and experience gains.
- Ava’s Device: The Ava’s Assembler and Ava’s Attractor offer valuable bonuses to Ranged. Completing the Animal Magnetism quest is essential for acquiring these items.
- Utilize Prayer: Protect from Melee or Protect from Missiles can be a lifesaver during Ranged training, especially when facing tough enemies.
- Train with Friends: Teaming up with friends for bossing or group activities can make the grind more enjoyable and efficient.
Achieving 99 Ranged in OSRS is a significant accomplishment, opening up various opportunities for combat and PvM activities. Whether you prefer Slayer, Pest Control, or other methods, this guide provides the knowledge and tips to help you embark on a successful Ranged training journey. Remember that patience and perseverance are key, so enjoy the process as you work your way to 99 Ranged!