Farming is a crucial skill in Old School RuneScape (OSRS) that allows players to grow and harvest crops, herbs, and trees. Achieving 99 Farming is a remarkable feat, as it unlocks various benefits and can be a profitable venture. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the journey to reach 99 Farming, from the basics of planting your first seeds to optimizing your experience gains. Remember this is a buyable skill so in order to achieve 99 in a fast manner, the majority of methods used come at an expense. Players can stock up by buying money from a trusted seller.
Before you embark on your journey to 99 Farming, there are some essential basics you need to understand.
To begin your farming journey, you must understand the key components of the skill:
- Allotment Patches: These are used for growing vegetables and herbs.
- Herb Patches: Used exclusively for growing herbs.
- Flower Patches: For planting flowers.
- Tree Patches: Used for growing trees of various types.
- Fruit Tree Patches: These are specialized patches for fruit-bearing trees.
- Special Patches: These include the Hespori, Spirit Trees, and Cactus Patches, each with unique requirements.
Tools and Equipment
Having the right tools is crucial for efficient farming. You’ll need items like a rake, seed dibber, spade, and secateurs. You can also benefit from using a magic secateurs for herb farming and a farmer’s outfit for additional experience gains.
Understanding Crop Growth
Different crops have varying growth times, so understanding these is essential. Some plants may take minutes to grow, while others can take days. Plan your farming runs accordingly to maximize efficiency.
Now that you have the basics down, let’s explore different methods to level up your Farming skill efficiently.
Completing quests that grant Farming experience can provide an excellent starting boost. Some quests to consider include “Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf,” “My Arm’s Big Adventure,” and “Garden of Tranquility.”
Tree runs are an efficient way to gain Farming experience. Start by planting trees in appropriate patches and checking on them periodically. As your trees grow, you can harvest them for experience. Ensure you use Ultracompost for higher yields.
Herb farming is both profitable and rewarding in terms of experience. Grow herbs in herb patches and use Ultracompost for maximum yields. Herbs like ranarrs, snapdragons, and toadflax can be particularly lucrative.
Fruit tree runs are another excellent method for gaining experience and making money. These trees take longer to grow but offer substantial rewards upon harvesting. Keep in mind that fruit trees have their own patches, separate from regular trees.
Allotment and Flower Runs
Include allotment patches in your farming runs for experience in vegetables and flowers. Marigolds and nasturtiums are easy to grow and provide fast experience. Additionally, you can use the produce from allotment patches to make compost, which is essential for other farming activities.
Don’t forget about special patches like the Hespori and Spirit Trees. These offer unique challenges and rewards, and incorporating them into your training can be beneficial.
Optimizing Your Farming Runs
Efficiency is key when aiming for 99 Farming. Here are some tips to optimize your farming runs:
- Always use Ultracompost on your patches for higher crop yields and increased experience gains.
- Participate in the Farming Guild’s contracts for additional rewards and experience. Completing contracts can be an excellent way to break up the monotony of regular farming runs.
- Plan your day to include multiple farming runs. Timing is crucial, so try to maximize the number of runs you can complete each day.
- Pay attention to the health of your crops. Use plant cure on diseased plants to prevent them from dying and reduce the need for replanting.
- Consider participating in the Tithe Farm mini-game for experience in a controlled environment. This mini-game also provides access to unique rewards like the Farmer’s Outfit.
Reaching 99 Farming in OSRS is a challenging but rewarding endeavor. By mastering the various farming methods, optimizing your runs, and staying committed to the grind, you can achieve this impressive milestone. Along the way, you’ll not only become a skilled farmer but also reap the rewards of your hard work in the form of valuable crops and herbs. So, grab your gardening tools, plant those seeds, and embark on your journey to become a master farmer in Gielinor.