In the world of Old School RuneScape (OSRS), the Blast Furnace stands as a critical element in the journey of every aspiring smith. This powerful piece of machinery offers a substantial boost to your smithing experience rates while smelting various ores. In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the intricacies of the Blast Furnace, covering everything you need to know to maximize your efficiency and profits.
What is the Blast Furnace?
The Blast Furnace is a massive furnace located in the dwarven city of Keldagrim. It is primarily used for smelting ores into bars at a significantly faster rate than conventional methods. The furnace is run by dwarves and requires a small fee to operate, but the benefits it offers in terms of experience and speed make it well worth the cost.
Getting to the Blast Furnace
To access the Blast Furnace, players must first complete the Dwarf Cannon quest. Once completed, you can reach Keldagrim by taking a boat from the docks in Port Sarim. After arriving in Keldagrim, head to the Blast Furnace building, which is easily recognizable by its towering smokestack.
The Blast Furnace specializes in smelting ores into bars. It works best for iron, steel, and mithril ores but can also process other ores like adamantite and runite. Here’s how the process works:
- Deposit Ores: Right-click on the Blast Furnace conveyor belt to deposit your ores.
- Fill the Stove: Add a suitable amount of coal to the stove to heat the furnace. The furnace operators will give you instructions on how much coal is needed.
- Start the Conveyor Belt: Once the stove is filled, start the conveyor belt to move the ores into the furnace.
- Collect Bars: After a short time, your ores will be smelted into bars. Collect them from the dispenser.
- Repeat: Continue this process until you have smelted all your ores.