Pest Control is a highly popular minigame in OSRS, known for its rewarding experience, valuable rewards, and team-oriented gameplay. Whether you’re new to the game or looking to revisit this classic activity, this guide will provide you with the essential information and strategies to excel at Pest Control.
Introduction to Pest Control
Pest Control is located on the island of Void Knight Outpost, accessible via the Void Knight’s ship. The primary objective is to defend the Void Knight from an onslaught of deadly pests, known as the Pest Control portals. Victory is achieved by successfully fending off the pests while protecting the Void Knight.
Requirements and Gear
Pest Control is accessible to all players, with no skill or quest requirements. However, combat stats of at least 40 in Attack, Strength, Defence, Ranged, or Magic are recommended for effective participation. Here’s what you need:
- Combat Gear: Depending on your preference and combat stats, you can use melee, ranged, or magic equipment. Void Knight equipment is highly recommended, as it provides damage bonuses.
- Supplies: Bring food to heal during the game, such as sharks or other high-healing items. Prayer potions are also helpful if you plan to use prayers.
- Void Knight Seal: To purchase Void Knight equipment, you’ll need Commendation points, which are earned during Pest Control games. Exchange these points for gear using the Void Knight Seal.
The Pest Control Gameplay
The Pest Control game consists of multiple rounds, with each round lasting for approximately five minutes. Here’s a step-by-step breakdown:
- Joining a Game: Head to the Void Knight Outpost and board the boat. Join a boat with other players or friends, or use the lander at the novice, intermediate, or veteran level, depending on your combat level and team size.
- The Void Knight: Once in-game, protect the Void Knight by defending him against the incoming pests. The Void Knight’s health is crucial, as if he falls, the game is lost.
- Portals and Monsters: Pest Control features four portals, each spawning different pests: blue (melee), yellow (ranged), red (magic), and purple (spinner). Coordinate with your team to prioritize the portals and eliminate the pests effectively.
- Barricades: Players can repair damaged barricades during the game. Maintaining the barricades is essential, as they provide protection for both players and the Void Knight.
- The Void Knight’s Commendation Points: After a successful game, you’ll earn Commendation points based on your contribution. These points can be exchanged for Void Knight equipment, such as the highly sought-after Void Knight robes and helms.