Gem rock mining is an excellent way to earn valuable gems and level up your Mining skill. Gem rocks can be found throughout the game world, and with the right knowledge and equipment, you can make a substantial profit from mining these precious stones. In this comprehensive guide, we will cover everything you need to know about gem rock mining in OSRS, from where to find gem rocks to the best equipment and strategies for maximizing your gains.
Finding Gem Rocks
The first step in gem rock mining is locating these special rocks. Gem rocks are scattered across the OSRS world, and they can be found in various locations, including:
- Shilo Village – Located in the Karamja region, Shilo Village is home to several gem rocks. You’ll need to complete the “Shilo Village” quest to access this area.
- Al Kharid Resource Dungeon – This location can be accessed by using a resource dungeon entrance located in the Al Kharid mine. It requires a Dungeoneering level of 75.
- Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup Activity – Participating in this activity in the Tai Bwo Wannai area may yield gem rocks.
- Miscellaneous Locations – You can also find gem rocks in various other locations throughout the game, such as the Lunar Isle mine.
Once you have the required equipment, you can start mining gem rocks. Here’s a step-by-step strategy to maximize your gains:
- Locate a Gem Rock – Find a gem rock in one of the locations mentioned earlier.
- Mine the Gem Rock – Use your pickaxe on the gem rock to mine it. Gem rocks have a unique mechanic; they take longer to mine but yield multiple gems with each successful mining action.
- Collect Gems – As you mine the gem rock, the gems will automatically be placed in your inventory or gem bag. Continue mining until your inventory or gem bag is full.
- Banking – Use your Amulet of Glory to teleport to Edgeville or another convenient location with a bank. Deposit your gems and return to mining.
- Repeat – Continue this process until you’ve mined as many gems as desired.