Steel Dragons are formidable foes in Old School RuneScape known for their high defense and ranged attacks. These metallic monsters reside within the Brimhaven Dungeon and can be a lucrative source of profit for experienced adventurers.
Steel Dragons are primarily found in the Brimhaven Dungeon. To access them, pay a fee to Saniboch at the entrance or use a Brimhaven teleport tablet.
Other locations for Steel Dragons include:
- Kourend Catacombs: You can find a small group of Steel Dragons in the Kourend Catacombs. They are located in the area near the Brutal Black Dragons.
- Wilderness Resource Area: A single Steel Dragon can be found in the Wilderness resource area. Access this area with a lockpick or agility shortcut.
- Level 1 Slayer is required to harm Steel Dragons.
- Level 85 Magic is recommended for the Spellbook Swap spell to access the Ancient Magicks, which can be useful when safe-spotting Steel Dragons.
- A high Ranged level is advised for quicker kills.
Recommended Gear and Inventory:
- Ranged or Magic Gear: Steel Dragons are weak to both Ranged and Magic attacks. Choose the combat style you prefer. Karil’s crossbow, Rune Crossbow, or a strong Magic setup will work well.
- Anti-Dragon Shield or Dragonfire Shield: These shields provide protection against the dragon’s fire breath attack. The Dragonfire Shield also has a special attack that reduces incoming dragonfire damage.
- Anti-Fire Potion: This potion reduces dragonfire damage. It’s not necessary if you’re using the Dragonfire Shield or Anti-Dragon Shield.
- Food: Bring high-healing food like sharks, monkfish, or better to sustain your health.
- Prayer Potions: You can use Protect from Melee or Protect from Missiles to reduce damage, but this isn’t mandatory.
- Rune or Dragon Bolts (for Ranged): These bolts can be used to increase your accuracy and damage.
- Axe or Pickaxe (for Wilderness Dungeon): If you’re slaying Steel Dragons in the Wilderness resource area, bring an axe or pickaxe to access the area.
Slaying Steel Dragons:
- Equip your chosen combat gear and anti-dragon shield.
- Enter the Steel Dragon location of your choice.
- Attack the Steel Dragons using Ranged or Magic from a safe spot, if possible, to minimize damage taken. If safespotting, use the appropriate Prayers for protection.
- Keep an eye on your health and prayer points. Consume food and prayer potions as necessary.
- Collect the drops. Steel Dragons can drop valuable items, including the Dragon Platelegs and Draconic Visage.
- When your inventory is full or you need to replenish supplies, teleport to a bank or use a House Teleport to restore your stats and continue.
- Use the Spellbook Swap spell for access to the Ancient Magicks to cast Blood Barrage or Ice Barrage, which can be effective against Steel Dragons.
- If you choose to kill Steel Dragons in the Wilderness resource area, be cautious of player killers (PKers) in the Wilderness.
- It’s more efficient to use an instance when slaying Steel Dragons in Brimhaven Dungeon to avoid competition with other players.