Monkfish fishing in OSRS is a popular and profitable skill that allows players to catch these tasty creatures for both experience and gold. In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the world of monkfish fishing, covering everything from the basics to advanced strategies. Whether you’re a novice looking to start or a seasoned pro seeking to optimize your monkfish fishing experience, this guide has you covered.
Before diving into the world of monkfish fishing, you need to ensure you meet the necessary requirements:
- Completion of Swan Song Quest: To access the Piscatoris Fishing Colony, which is essential for monkfish fishing, you must complete the Swan Song quest.
- Level 62 Fishing: You need a Fishing level of 62 to catch monkfish effectively. To speed up your catch rate, it’s recommended to have a higher level.
- Fishing Gear: Grab your fishing rod and a small fishing net. You can also bring a lobster pot, but it’s optional since you can catch monkfish with just a net.
Accessing the Piscatoris Fishing Colony
To reach the prime location for catching monkfish, follow these steps:
- Start Swan Song Quest: Speak to Herman Caranos in the Piscatoris Fishing Colony and begin the Swan Song quest. This quest unlocks access to the colony.
- Use the Fairy Ring: After completing the quest, use the fairy ring code “AKQ” to teleport near the colony.
Now that you’re in the right location, here’s how to catch monkfish:
- Deposit Your Items: Head to the bank just south of the fishing spots and deposit your fishing gear and any items you don’t need. This will free up inventory space for monkfish.
- Fishing Spots: There are several monkfish fishing spots nearby. Simply use your small fishing net on them to catch monkfish. Each catch grants 120 Fishing experience.
- Profitable Fishing: Monkfish are valuable, so catching them can be highly profitable. You can expect to earn both experience and coins.
Efficient inventory management is crucial for maximizing your monkfish fishing trips:
- Runes and Teleportation Items: Bring teleportation items, such as teleport tabs or runes, for a quick return to the colony bank. This minimizes downtime.
- Food: It’s a good idea to bring some food like sharks or monkfish for healing. Occasionally, you may encounter aggressive sea trolls.
- Empty Inventory Slots: Keep as many inventory slots open as possible for monkfish. The more you catch, the more profit you’ll make.