OSRS is a world teeming with diverse skills and activities, from combat to crafting, and everything in between. One of the lesser-known but incredibly fascinating skills is falconry, a pursuit that allows players to take on the role of a falconer and engage in a unique form of hunting. In this article, we will delve into the world of falconry in OSRS, exploring its history, mechanics, and the rewards it offers.
A Brief History of Falconry
Falconry, the art of training birds of prey to hunt, has a rich history that dates back over a millennium. In OSRS, this ancient tradition is skillfully represented as a minigame located in the Piscatoris Hunter Area, which was introduced in 2006. Players can unlock this activity by completing the “Eagles’ Peak” quest, which serves as an introduction to falconry.
Falconry in OSRS is a hunter training method that stands out from the traditional traps and snares commonly associated with the skill. Here’s how it works:
- Equipment: To participate in falconry, you’ll need the essential equipment – a falcon and a falconer’s glove. These items can be obtained from Matthias, the falconer in Piscatoris.
- Hunting Technique: The objective of falconry is to catch kebbits, small rabbit-like creatures that roam the Piscatoris Hunter Area. Your falcon will aid in this endeavor by flying out and returning with the captured kebbit.
- Experience: Successfully catching kebbits will grant you Hunter experience. The experience gained depends on the type of kebbit caught and your Hunter level.
Kebbits and Their Rewards
Falconry in OSRS offers a unique array of rewards that make it worthwhile for players looking to level up their Hunter skill. Kebbits come in various types, each with its own requirements and rewards:
- Spotted Kebbit (Level 43 Hunter): Catching spotted kebbits yields spotted kebbit fur, which can be used to craft the elusive spotted cape. This cape provides a small experience boost when worn.
- Dark Kebbit (Level 57 Hunter): Dark kebbits drop dark kebbit fur, which can be used to craft the dark kebbit fur clothing set. This set provides camouflage benefits in the Wilderness.